Thursday, August 10, 2017

Hay Bales in the Field

These large round bales have always inspired me.  When I was little, my brother and I would climb on top of them, playing king of the mountain.  I am working on some large pieces, this one is 24x20.  I really enjoy painting large in the field, but I think I need larger brushes.  The more I get out there with this size, I realize the block in would go so much faster with a 2 inch brush.  Maybe I'll pull out an old house painting brush for tomorrow, as I'm planning on painting large on the prairie after the gym in the morning! Painting number 1675 in 1675 days. 
oil on panel, 24x20
purchase here

2 comments:

  1. I really love this painting.I have taken several photos of the hay fields around here and really want to attempt to paint one of them. This inspires me.

    ReplyDelete