Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Mare and Colt

So today I am exploring this new animal, water mixable oils.  They are oil paints, squeeze out like oil, and go down like oil from the brush straight, but add a little water and everything changes.  They behave more like acrylics when thinned with water, and a very thin glaze can be achieved.  I can spray a painted mass with water as the while area separates and runs, if upright.  I can wipe away areas with a cloth, something I've never been able to do with oils because I'm highly allergic to turpentine.  I'd like to get big and sloppy with this medium, but those of you who know me know I can't get sloppy with anything.  Perhaps a little wine is in order...! It is going to be fun exploring the depths of this medium, and I wonder where it will take me!  Painting number 1695 in 1695..... I think.  How's a girl to keep tract?  
oil on panel, 10x8
purchase here

1 comment:

  1. You are so good to try new mediums and tools all the time!

    ReplyDelete