Thursday, October 12, 2017

Millwork Night Market

The wet as drizzly day turned into a beautiful evening to spend downtown.  After getting two paintings completed in the drizzle, I was ready for some hot food to recharge and do it again!  Tonight's venue was the Millwork Night Market on 8th add Jackson, where I could capture a graffiti artist at work!  As I walked up to the scene, I could already see the painting unfold.  Choosing a vantage I could capture the bikes, trailer, graffiti artists, night market AND urban buildings, I got to work quickly.  Starting with a dark panel, I am basically painting the light, one stroke at a time.  It was fun to see old friends from last year's event and paint such a unique place with fellow artists.  Nowhere but Dubuque offers up such an experience!!  Painting number 1738 in 1738 days.
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment