Thursday, November 16, 2017

Cedar Creek in November

Any time I have a meeting in Lee's Summit, I make time to come to this creek and paint.  The water was very calm today, only the trickling of water over the rock shelf to keep me company.  With few people in the park today, no one walked by the rather remote location.  I was tucked in tight behind foliage, set up on rocks that were still wet from the rain a couple days ago.  Just standing here, letting the paint strokes fall from my brush is therapeutic.  I've not used this box in a while, so there were a few minor additions that had to be made when I arrived back home.  I sure missed my one inch soft bristle brush, and I needed fresh oil for cleaning those brushes!  With only one panel in my box, I couldn't stay for another painting.  Every day is a lesson, and today taught me to check that box before heading down the lane!  Painting number 1772 in 1772 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment