Sunday, January 21, 2018

Home from the Pasture

I scouted all over the property before finally deciding on this vantage.  Calm breezes, warm temps in the 60's and the fabulous light made this a perfect plein air day!  With about an hour before sunset, I set up my easel and got to work. I love the way that golden light streaked across the pasture, bouncing off the tufts of tall grass.  I paint the colors en masse, pulling the brushstrokes about to indicate grasses, rather than painting every blade.  The effect is much more natural, as the eye sees when looking at the whole landscape.  It is so restorative to be one with nature, doing what I was born to do. Painting number 1827 in 1827 days.

4 comments:

  1. Rich with natures beauty...your work is so deep and beautiful!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, an old homestead. Just memories must lie there and you are capturing them so they never die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always so inspired by your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are so darn good! I just love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete