Friday, February 9, 2018

Beau in Profile

After a busy day, I settled down to paint something "easy".  Well, this was anything but easy!  Beau is such a beautiful dog, he could be painted many different ways, but I chose this position.  He holds his head like this SO often, with just that expression - I had to paint it!  In such a close up, I found the planes more difficult.  I pushed them one way, then the other.  With the light behind him, it cast many subtle color shifts in that shadow side - and I found them tricky!  I ended up spending way more time on this than expected, but I think I'm happy with it.  I'll check it again in the morning, and see if anything jumps out at me.  Painting number 1847 in 1847 days.

3 comments:

  1. Tammie I love your painting style.
    Beau is very handsome~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you absolutely captured the Spirit of Beau. Makes me want to give him a Big Hug. Great Job

    ReplyDelete