Thursday, February 15, 2018

Cedar Creek in February

Cedar Creek is beautiful even in the dead of winter.  Birdsong and the babbling of the water created a peaceful ambience for painting.  Joined by two of my plein air artist friends, we caught up with one another as we worked, capturing the scene before us.  The warmest day of the month so far - it was a delight to be emersed in it!  A little taste of spring to relish when it turns cold again tomorrow!  I'm using the cool blue underpainting today - and it feels good. I had a warm one with me, too, just in case the landscape called for it.  I think I'll prime a few more in this shade for the next month or two. Who knows?  It might just become a regular thing!  Painting number 1852 in 1852 days.  And now, my son has made tilapia for dinner - SO AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous. The shading and shadows are perfect.

    ReplyDelete