Sunday, February 18, 2018

February Cloudscape

The winds never let up today!  Sundays are always filled with family activities, so I didn't find my painting window until the light was beginning to fade.  The clouds made for some excellent color shifts, and I had to be fast with that brush!  Without time to dig out my best brushes for soft edges, I used my workhorses - Princeton's polytips angled.  I can handle them with vigor, and they stand up beautifully with that thick paint.  I used only one of my Silverwhites to soften edges, adding a little warmth as well.  A large bristle brush softens big masses, and my finger is always one of the best ways to soften specific areas.  Just like those days of finger painting - who doesn't remember how that slick paint felt on the fingertips?  Painting number 1857 in 1857 days.

11 comments:

  1. I love to do the whole painting with my fingers/nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! Love the colors, the clouds floating by, the spots of water here and there. Just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you using an Altoid tin for your palette? This one is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is gorgeous! I love the softness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scene and lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the mood and colours....gorgeous!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. another gorgeous landscape that really tells the feeling of the day.

    ReplyDelete