Thursday, February 8, 2018

Looking Down 17th Street

Today's painting adventure took me to Messenger Coffee House for an impromptu gathering of artist friends capturing the cityscape!  I started painting in the crowded lobby, catching the hustle and bustle of this busy coffee shop.  For this one, my second of the morning, I moved to the second floor with a bird's eye view of 17th and Grand.  Feeling "black and white", I used my favorite fountain pen (TWSBI mini) filled with cosmic black ink.  I love the velvety feel as I lay down those marks.  A little water to soften that rich black, and I was out the door to beat the meter!  Really, artists should get a special tag, allowing us to park as long as we need, to finish those masterpieces.  No telling how many paintings will never come to fruition, because I'm limited to 2 hours only.  Painting number 1846 in 1846 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment