Thursday, March 8, 2018

Starbucks Sketched

A coffee house is a really great place to sketch people.  There are often some waiting in line, waiting for coffee, standing with their beverage, or sitting around the tables.  All of these situations are relatively still, offering a few minutes to get down those poses.  I like to get all my drawing finished before adding watercolor, but this is not always the case.  This week is the #oneweek100people2018 challenge, which means each artists renders 100 people however they wish.  Yesterday, I used pen and ink, today I'm using India ink and watercolor.  I did this challenge last year, too - and I can see the improvement in my figures.  Not only is my speed better, but their shapes are more life like.  I should probably do this challenge monthly to nail those quick pose skills!  Painting number 1875 in 1875 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment