Saturday, March 3, 2018

Unity Temple

I thought the buildings on the plaza would offer shelter from the wind this morning.  Silly me, they were more like wind tunnels as I captured this scene!  Sketching was totally manageable, but painting was another thing entirely.  I worked constantly with wind and hair in my face, even though I braided it today in anticipation of the gusting winds.   Brushes blew off my easel, buffeted my panel and even my arm as I applied strokes.  I was chilly in the shade, but it was far warmer when I stopped for lunch with my urban sketcher clan.  One thing about the wind, I always leave my site feeling like I've done battle, and lost!  Still a wonderful day, out there doing what I love.  REALLY makes me appreciate the posh days!  Painting number 1870 in 1870 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment