Monday, June 25, 2018

Rose of Sharon and Bee

Oh how I love the abundant blooms of the Rose of Sharon!  This seemed to pop open overnight - and the bees are buzzing all around them!  I start this painting with a fountain pen for the edges, switching to India ink for the sketchy lines.  I begin adding watercolor to the masses, saving my highlights.  I have started making a final pass with my fountain pen, only to push back the darks where needed.  That Levenger Raven Black ink mingles well with the watercolor, as long as I am mindful of it.  I'm so excited to capture all the beauty of these blooms while they last!  Another of my favorites from childhood - I used to play by these very bushes when I was young!  Painting number 1982 in 1982 days... I think!!  So easy to lose track!
ink & watercolor on paper
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment