Friday, July 19, 2019

A Sweet Expression


Pleasant Hill, Missouri, is such a charming town!! After co judging the county fair event, I took a quick spin through town.  The carnival was setting up on the fairgrounds, and the streets are lined with charming shops and businesses!  The depot is amazing, and I think this would be such an excellent place for a plein air event!  I had a pared down sketch bag with me, so my ink was different and my paints minimal, but I made this work with a little mixing. I didn't have the right India ink pen, so I grabbed the one out of my pochade box in the trunk!  Turns out I really like this "eclipse" color of ink for shadow work.  I think this is part of the Colorverse line. I may just add this color to my regular set up! Painting number 2397 in 2397 days.

1 comment: