Friday, July 12, 2019

Sketchbook Caladium


I've only used gouache a few times, and never on paper.  Somehow, I thought it was a great idea to fill the pages of this brown paper sketchbook with gouache paintings from my garden!  The idea of it appeals to me, but oh how I dislike that paper!  It is smooth and thin, and only the color is good.  The gouache seemed so chalky compared to ink, watercolor, and oils, but I have this really wonderful set that NEEDS to be used.  Am I up for the challenge?  Or is this little bit of insanity going to push me over the edge?  Well, only time will tell because I am not one to leave things undone.  Painting number 2390 in 2390 days.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the paper, I don't like thin paper either. Your painting, however, is so wonderful!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete