Thursday, May 14, 2020

Chickadees 4

Each morning, I like to start my day with a hot cup of loose leaf tea with lemon. As I waited for the hot water, I noticed several young chickadees on the emerging hummingbird vine.  The mama popped in to drop a morsel into one mouth before flitting off again.  As I enjoyed my tea, I watched, and knew I must get my ink and watercolors!  The little family stayed long enough to be painted, but did not like it when I held up my work to get a photo!  Love spending time with the many birds who come to visit!  Painting number 2685 in 2685 days.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet rendering, Tammie. We also have a chickadee family, and I’m wishing my hands could still draw. It seems necessary for watercolor use. Soon I’ll give it a try with a simple subject. Btw, thanks for the perspective suggestion. There is a lot on YouTube, and it nudges my awareness of it being an important thing!

    ReplyDelete