Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Purple Clematis Impressions

The light was hitting the clematis in such a striking way, I couldn't help but choose them for today's painting subject!  As I set up just off the front porch, the wind grew stronger and stronger.  In fact, it was so windy that those petals whipped to and fro without ever holding a pose!  What a thought would be a cake walk turned into a tight rope walk instead!  Not even my palette knife could keep up with that wind!  Haha - every day is a painting adventure, and this day proves to me how much more practice I need on painting clematis!  Painting number 2677 in 2677 days!

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful rendering! Thank you for the brush info, also thx for your warm friendly responses. You’re a peach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of my favorite flowers. I love the color and design of it. But I rarely see them. Thanks for sharing your beautiful painting. Hm, thinking of it, you could have painted "the wind"petals flowing all over the place :)

    Take care, stay safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the colours and movement in this painting. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a perfect painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tammie these are so rich looking.

    ReplyDelete