Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Snow on the Mountain ATC

I got the first start of this plant from a friend years ago.  I've tried it in several places and moved it to this location last year.  Well, it has really taken off this year, and is even blooming!  With all of the flashy blooms in my garden, this subtle beauty called out to me today.  I begin with the ink drawing and add a little of those greens in.  I was on the fence about adding the dark background, but decided to go with it.  It was the values that drew me in after all!  Painting number 2696 in 2696 days.

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of Queen Anns Lace, and if related it could easily take over. It’s lovely, as is your painting of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with Barbara, it looks like QAL. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete