Monday, May 4, 2020

Snowball Bush Blooms

I love how a stormy day saturates the colors in the landscape!  Rich and vibrant, I can't resist the colors.  I block in my masses with a brush, then come back in with my palette knife to negatively paint those blooms before adding highlights.  It is always a push and pull with the paints as I near the finish.  I often squint down to see what else I need before closing my palette.  Sometimes, I even turn my painting upside down for the final check!  This gorgeous bush is another Mother's Day gift from years ago, one that is normally in full bloom for Mother's Day!  Painting number 2676 in 2676 days.

9 comments:

  1. What can I say, I repeat: love, love, love all your works!!!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, and as always your color choices are perfect. The background colors especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your paintings are wonderful ~ such talent!

    Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure when our snowball bloom, my tulips are now starting to bloom.
    PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic painting! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!
    Have a safe weekend

    Much💙🌎💚love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Tammie this is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how beautiful Tammie- I love the softness and the brush strokes of the petals!!

    ReplyDelete