Saturday, July 18, 2020

Island in the Lake

It has been years since I've been to Shawnee Mission Park - and it has really changed!  I hardly recognized the place with the new buildings and entrance.  Today was the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society paint out, and we met at Shelter 2.  Of course we distanced socially, and it was still fun getting to visit with a few artist friends!  With strong breezes, I could hardly feel the heat as I worked.  I think all my hard yard work in the heat has conditioned me!  I walked right to this spot and started painting, sketching out my composition with a brush.  I should have topped off my palette, as I was low on some paint.  I'll remember before I next grab that palette.  I never have to worry about that when I'm painting at my own place most of the time!  Painting number 2746 in 2746 days.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tammie this is a truly lovely place. Your painting captures it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect green tones! Tammie, I see brush strokes that do not look like part of the colors. I’ve noticed them in your other paintings also. Do you sometimes coat your paintings with a kind of varnish or preservative???

    ReplyDelete