Saturday, January 23, 2021

Lanterns


I love painting these old lanterns from my Mom!  As she thins down the collections of a lifetime, these little treasures have found a new home as table decor on my front porch!  After we helped Michaela and Cooper with moving today, I am getting to my painting late - after dark!  These antique beauties called out to me - so I have painted them in miniature. My favorite TWSBI Diamond mini fountain pen is pictured and used for some of the line work, another fine nib also used, and watercolor added to the cotton paper sized only 3 inches square.  It feels like painting old friends when I can sketch family antiques.  Love those memories that cling to such things from the past.  Painting number 2936 in 2936 days, and day 23 of the #stradaeasel challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment