Monday, November 15, 2021

Daffodil Bulbs


Real life has crowded my painting time, and I've been coming to my easel late each night - as I did in the very beginning of this daily painting journey. I see things all day long that I want to paint - as I'm busy tending the gardens while the weather is so nice.  I keep thinking that I finish before dark, and then I can squeeze in a painting by the pond, or in the woods, and each day I don't!  I filled this day with running club first, shipping paintings, working beds and planting daffodils and tulips, then pulling down old string lights and replacing them with new ones. After all that, every scene I wanted to paint was in the dark, so I sketched a few of my remaining double daffodil bulbs in pen and ink. What better representation of my day?  It always feels good to return to my ink - even if it's only a tiny painting!  Painting number 3223 in 3223 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment