Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Canoe on the Meramec River


After a steep climb down the bluff on stone steps and a dirt path, this peaceful perch on the Meramec River was a treat!  Tranquil and calm, I started this painting with one other artist on the small cement dock. By the time time I finished, there were 7 of us painting and visiting in close proximity.  About the time I started to "noodle" with this painting, the wind kicked up and I could hear the distant rain - a sure sign to pack up!  Packing quickly, I hiked back up that bluff - thinking of how slick those moss covered stones could become.  I had this framed before the train, and put on my raincoat and wellies for the next one!  What a glorious day!  Painting number 3801 in 3801 days - and I'm so happy this painting has a new home with the owner of this cabin retreat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment