Friday, September 14, 2012

Frisella Falls

I set up for this painting early one misty morning before sunrise.  Frisella Nursery is a wonderful place in Defiance, MO, full of garden scenes, statues, water features and foliage.  If you love gardening, this is the place for you.  It was hard to pick my spot with so many beautiful choices to paint!  The air was so crisp  - my fingers stiffened up around those brushes!  I had to take a break midway through just to go in and grab some hot tea and a wonderful yogurt parfait loaded with fresh fruit! Hands warm, back to work, and the paint just slid off the brush.  The early sun bathed the scene in a pink glow just long enough for me to get the color in.  Too soon the light was gone, and it was time to move on to another event.  I hope to return here someday and paint again.

Oil over acrylic on panel
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment