Friday, January 18, 2013

Cedar Waxwings

Cedar Waxwings
Oil on panel, 12x9
Once a year, normally the first or second week in January, these birds flock the the giant Bradford pear tree outside my bedroom window.  These beauties jump from branch to branch eating the little berries until they are almost gone.  They are only here a couple days - not to return until next January.  I was lucky enough to be home to paint them from my window!  I'm still playing with the brushstrokes - and really enjoying the heavy paint.  This is day 17 of the 30 day painting challenge - and I am actually getting comfortable in this routine :)

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice. Let's keep painting - turn this into a 60 Paintings in 60 Days. Or TnTs Sizzlin Sixty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay - I'm in! Teddy - you crack me up! LOVE the Sizzlin Sixty!!

      Delete