Sunday, January 27, 2013

Farm House in the Flint Hills

Farmhouse in the Flint Hills
14x11, oil on panel
We drove through the Flint Hills yesterday on our way to K-State for a competition.  These hills are so beautiful - and full of paintable landscapes.  Anyone driving from Topeka to Manhattan will recognize this farmhouse sitting back in the hills just north of I-70.  It was fun capturing the light on the golden winter grasses, and the purplish tree branches.  I need to go  back when I can the whole day to painting!  This is day 26 of the 30 day painting challenge - and I have learned so much this month!  I heard from a friend on Friday that life begins outside of your comfort zone - can this be true?

2 comments:

  1. I do love the neutrals in your trees and the buildings look wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teddy! I was using the italian yellow earth paint today. It is coarsely ground - I got it at Coldsnow's. The texture of the paint is very coarse - and thick, so fun to play with :)

    ReplyDelete