Thursday, January 31, 2013

Historic Plaza Lights

Historic Plaza Lights
Oil on panel, 12x9
The Kansas City Country Club Plaza Lights are something everyone should come see for the holidays!  A holiday tradition since 1930, these beautiful buildings are illuminated from Thanksgiving through January.  This is my first street scene - with cars and shoppers - and at night!  This is the view from outside Forever 21 - from a night of shopping with my youngest daughter and my parents. The dark, wet paint is hard to photograph at night without a glare - so I will retake it tomorrow in the daylight.  This is day 30 of 30 on the painting challenge - I can't believe I actually painted every day!

2 comments:

  1. Great Job!!!! This is a real beauty. Again, you have tackled a tiger and won. Amazing perspective on this one.
    You Rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teddy! You know how I like those complicated scenes! I just love the plaza at night - especially during the holidays! I have another plaza scene drawn out on a 16x12 panel right now.....maybe I'll get to that one next week :)

    ReplyDelete