Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lunch at Rozelle Court

Lunch at Rozelle Court
Oil on panel, 16x12
I must be crazy.  I chose this complicated interior for my daily painting.  I have never painted an interior so complex, or added gestural figures to a scene, and I also threw in difficult iron chairs and tables to the mix.  Oh, and I worked in a larger than normal size for a daily painting!  Well, the figures got easier with each one, the interior was actually fun - but the chairs were not!  I already see things I want to edit a bit - but the day is almost gone - and I have to get this posted for the 30 day challenge.  What a challenge this certainly was!

6 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for posting every day in the 30/30 Challenge! I only posted 15! Those arches are what would have made me crazy!! Nice job, Tammie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! There are several trees in this courtyard that I have not yet put it! I just ran out of time! I seem to bite off more than I can chew on a regular basis :)

      Delete
  2. Huge painting for a daily painting, Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacklyn! I first thought of doing this in a 10x8, but I thought the scene deserved a bit more presence......so, I painted like a mad woman - and barely got it done in time! This challenge has certainly been a great motivator!

      Delete
  3. Wow!! This is amazing. Such an involved subject, so much drawing and your perspective looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teddy! I did a very detailed drawing before starting in with paint. And even then, I painted carefully - trying to keep everything in perspective as I worked. I still need to finish a few things on this one - maybe this weekend...

      Delete