Thursday, January 3, 2013

Snow in the Creek Bed

Snow in the Creek Bed
Oil on panel - 8x6
Had it not been for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, I would not have painted today.  I am almost out of panels - and could only find 8x6's on hand.  I watched the grandbabies for most of the day, one of whom is coming down sick.  I am officially out of all white tubes of paint - except for one, Gamblin's Fastmatte white - which I used here (only because I had to).  It has a thicker texture, which I like for the snow.  I am also trying a new medium - walnut oil alkyd.  I don't use mediums most of the time, so the jury is still out on this one.  I painted this from photos I just took close to home.  No painting out with a 3 and 5 year old in the snow!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice painting. The Challenge is very motivating. It does push us to the easel doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teddy! There is just something about being accountable that keeps our noses to the grindstone :)

    ReplyDelete