Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Snow on the Hay Bales

Snow on the Hay Bales
Oil on panel, 14x11
The heavily overcast day set the mood for this painting.  These hay bales are lined up like soldiers  down by the pond - and were begging me to paint them.  I only used three colors for this one - my ultramarine blue, cad red light, and just a touch of my new italian yellow earth......and of course my titanium white.  Another thick and juicy oil painting - I find I am using one large filbert brush for the bulk of the painting, pulling out a small sable flat only at the end.  This is day 14 of the 30 day painting challenge - and I am now thinking about continuing this daily painting past the 30 days.........

2 comments:

  1. Lovely paintings Tammie and fantastic that you are enjoying the challenge so much to want to continue past the 30 days. I too am finding I'm settling down to a nice routine but it will still be a challenge to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Barb! I find that I am actively seeking out subject matter everywhere I go - more than I did before. This challenge is inspiring me to paint more and I feel driven to paint better and learn something with each painting. I do have a very hectic life - so I have to get creative with my time management! Each night, there is such a feeling of accomplishment to just create a painting a day :)

    ReplyDelete