Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweet Poetry

Sweet Poetry
Oil on panel, 9x12
My youngest daughter has a special gift for playing her guitar.  All of us play one instrument or another, and I plan to use this as the subject matter for future figure work.  Working on this today has been sheer joy. With each brushstroke, the image emerges.  I find I am seeing more colors in the subject, with each painting I do.  So much of creating the painting is actually seeing what is before me.  These last two pieces have been so rewarding!  I find myself setting up poses in the middle of the night, painting while I sleep, sometimes thinking so hard of what I want to paint - that I can not sleep at all.  It is such a creative adventure - and I do not know what is around the bend.  This path is so exciting - why didn't I start painting every day years ago?  This is day 28 of the 30 day painting challenge and I am SO glad I committed to this event!  It is taking me places I had only thought about :)

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting! I can feel the creative process of playing guitar, calm and warming environment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Irina! This was such a thoughtful piece to work on today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love your work Tammie! Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This was such a treat to work on - I just don't want to stop painting!

      Delete