Friday, February 8, 2013

Away in Dreamland

Away in Dreamland
Oil on panel, 12x9
My darling little grandson had fallen asleep while watching me paint - so I quickly snapped a few shots to use as reference.  I love his sweet little expression and the way he propped himself up on the pillows!  Whenever the little ones are over when I'm painting, I let them each load up a brush and lay down a few strokes on my panel.  Each is SO careful to put the paint where it should be!  I leave those strokes in place - as a lasting memory to their little hands at work.  This one makes 37 paintings in a row :)

2 comments:

  1. My wife, Christie, really likes this. Of course, I don't think she's ever seen a picture with a child in it that she didn't like, but she REALLY likes this one. Now she's bugging me to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks, Jack! I really enjoy painting the grandbabies - truly a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete