Friday, February 1, 2013

Finding the Music

Finding the Music
Oil on panel, 12x9
So the 30 day painting challenge is over, and I can now take a break.  But the routine of the last 30 days is still with me.  I waited until late in the day to start this one, but I still had to paint it.  I have only started to do figure painting - and I really want to explore every avenue in this new genre.  It is also very appealing to capture with paint some of our daily family memories.  You know, the small stuff.  It could be like a painting journal of our lives together.  This is my oldest daughter - and I had to sneak up behind her to take the photo reference for this painting! This makes 31 paintings in a row :)

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful. What a great way to capture all those special moments that might otherwise be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teddy! Now, onto the next painting!

    ReplyDelete