Sunday, February 3, 2013

Independence Square

Independence Square
Oil on panel, 14x11
MVIS Paint-Out
Yesterday was a beautiful day for plein air painting and this is my piece from yesterday's MVIS Paint-Out in Independence.  The wise approach here would have been one doorway, one building, or one window......as you can see, I painted every building on the street!  My first daytime street scene - and of course I bite off more than I can chew.  I see things that I want to "loosen" up a bit - but I am posting for now.  I will let this one rest a day or two - and then go in and reevaluate.  I think this one made day 32 on the daily paintings - and I am painting a member of the band we saw last night for today's painting.........

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Tammie. Very, very nice work. Oh, I think you might have left off the license plate numbers on the cars. (lol)
    You are doing amazing work.
    Congrats, so nice to see you yesterday.
    Your painting buddy,
    Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You know how I like that detail! The best thing about this 30 day challenge is the working outside the box! Stretching and painting new subjects in new ways - it has just been super fun and so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete