Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Old Augusta Barn

Old Augusta Barn
Oil on panel, 10x8
As spring nears, I am thinking ahead to the plein air event in Augusta.  This is one of my very favorite places to paint.  The rolling hills and the numerous vintage buildings and barns offer the artist SO many painting opportunities.  The many area wineries are also picturesque - with the added attraction of their fabulous wines!  I painted this one from photo reference.  It is my second time to paint it, the first was done in acrylic years ago, with a warmer temperature to the painting.  Counting the days until I paint on location..........this is my 47th painting in a row.

2 comments:

  1. Like your loose brush work of this one. I have Augusta fever, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teddy! It seems like the faster I paint - the looser the strokes are!

      Delete