Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow on the Milk Barn

Snow on the Milk Barn
Oil on panel, 11x14
I awoke to a winter wonderland this morning!  It is such a wet, heavy snow - all the branches and brush are covered!  The deep blanket of snow reaches my knees - and drifts above them as I walk the pastures.  I got to work early, I was afraid the 30 mile per hour winds would knock all the snow from the trees.  It is not often we have such a beautiful heavy snow that sticks to the side of everything it hits!  I didn't need to hurry, though.  It is now getting dark, and those trees are all still covered - only the little branches have dropped their snow.  As a child, my brother and I would explore this barn.  Some of the same old treasures hang from old nails inside.  A few trees have sprung up, and a giant wild rose has taken over the front corner - but oh, how glorious they look covered with snow!  I hope the snow stays long enough for me to get a few more paintings done!  This piece makes painting number 54 since the first of January :)

No comments:

Post a Comment