Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Hoeft Wine Cellar

The Hoeft Wine Cellar
Oil on panel, 10x8
Augusta, Missouri is one of my favorite places to paint in plein air.  When I was there in the fall, I attended an event called "Swinging in the Vines".  Everyone takes a hay ride down to the Hoeft Vineyard, graciously hosted by the family and the Chamber of Commerce.  We then pick up our picnic baskets full of delights - and sit at hay bale tables while listening to the live band.  I was able to enjoy the best port wine I have ever tasted in this beautiful wine cellar.  The evening was amazing - and I'll remember it forever in this painting.  This makes 35 days of paintings :)

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool. I'd love to have one of those brick patios out back. Gorgeous, momster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - thanks, Tiffany! The wine cellar is amazing - a wonderful place to go for a little sweet port and chocolate! Good memories :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I am starting to think about Augusta, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Teddy! I can almost hear the music and taste the port now......

    ReplyDelete