Friday, February 15, 2013

White Wine and Flowers

White Wine and Flowers
Oil on panel, 11x14
Today was one of those days where it is absolutely a miracle that I could finish a painting.  I had the grandsons all day, the three year old whipping through here like a tornado - stirring up messes everywhere he went!  Once I had fed them lunch, got them settled in with lincoln logs, I set up my still life and started sketching out the piece.  I blocked in the values, in between the damage control, and even got the light in before having to walk away for hours.  When I was able to come back to it, it was now dark behind the set up, with the same warm lamp light from the front left.  I liked the change in lighting, so I started making the changes.  It would have been so much easier to leave it as it was, but you know how it is when you feel in your gut that the changes must be made.  I also had an old pair of scissors sketched in, but I decided against them.  This is one of my Grandma Frank's large Atlas canning jars and a small vintage pink wine glass, from a set, that my mom and I will drink from when we just want a little wine!  Day 43 on the painting trail :)

2 comments:

  1. I really like this painting. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teddy. This is my first mason jar painting - fun AND challenging! I have many of them from my grandma - I may just set up a still life with several various kinds and sizes :)

    ReplyDelete