Friday, February 22, 2013

Winter Reflections

Winter Reflections
Oil on panel, 6x8
Another "snow day" and my schedule has once again been freed up until evening!  Oh, it is such a luxury to finish my housework at a leisurely pace before sitting down to paint.  It is like an easy unfolding of the day, instead of a very disciplined and strict schedule.  I much prefer this pace!  Today, I am painting the snow by the still pond - pushing the warmth in the sky.  The peaceful landscape is so restorative after a hectic week.  Painting in the natural light is much better than painting into the wee hours.  Often times, what I have finished at night will need a little adjusting when viewed in the daylight.  With a busy weekend ahead, I am working small on this one.  I want to start a complicated interior scene later today - and I will need extra time for it!  This painting makes 50 paintings in a row - I can't believe I've made it this far :)

2 comments:

  1. Pretty and peaceful. Guess you have shoveled out of your driveway. Such a beautiful snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? I can only leave if Mike drives me out in the 4x4 truck. My wonderful neighbor who always plows the drive is out of town........darn it! I will be painting on the property until spring thaw :)

    ReplyDelete