Wednesday, March 6, 2013

April in Mount Pleasant

April in Mount Pleasant
Augusta, Missouri
Oil on panel, 12x9
For the last few years, the Augusta Plein Air Art Show and Sale has been held at the beautiful Mount Pleasant Winery on the Saturday at event's end.  Last year, they repainted all of their buildings to the charming yellow with lime green accents you see here.  After an absolutely wonderful event, I snapped a photo of this as I was packing up to leave.  I love the old buildings and the 1859 charm that abounds here.  I enjoyed a very special dinner the night before, and this painting brings back the fond memories of my Augusta family and artist friends.  I am experimenting with the palette knife on painting 62 (in 62 days :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Brent! What do you think of this new palette knife work I am applying over the underpainting? I am just experimenting - and I really like the way it feels. It seems to me that I am adding depth somehow, a little more pizazz maybe......

      Delete
  2. This is a nice painting, Tammie. You are my queen of daily paintings.
    Congrats on painting number 62. Now, that is commitment.
    Hey, someone has Augusta Fever. I will not be far behind you after the 35th Annual Blue Springs Art League Fine Art Show this weekend.
    Keep up the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks, Teddy! If I'm going to keep up this pace, I'm going to need Mike to cut me some 6x6's for the super busy days! Things are kicking up into high gear now with the wedding approaching, family coming in three weeks, and all of the rescheduled school events from the snow days. If I don't paint small on some of those days - I may not be able to paint at all! After 62, I just don't want to miss a day.....

      Delete