Thursday, March 28, 2013

Coffeepot Peonies

Coffeepot Peonies
Oil on panel, 9x12
Today was such a beautiful day to be outside!  I opened all the windows - letting the warm spring air flow through.  After the big snow just days ago, this is certainly a welcome change!  It is spring break, and the house was full of kids, their friends, and grandchildren - so no plein air painting for me today.  I wouldn't dare leave them to run amuck while working out in the pasture.  So, here I brought in this antique enamelware pot and set up a still life.  Good thing, too, as I started and stopped this painting about a million times today!  I have yet to take friends home, and drop off children - so I must hurry with this post.  This is painting number 84 in 84 days, and I think the next few will need to be quite small to get them done in the busy week ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment