Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Colorado Reflections

Colorado Reflections
Oil on panel, 14x11
sold
I keep a stack of paintings set aside that I have started, but have not finished.  Most are plein air pieces where I simply ran out of time, and a few are paintings I just did not return to.  I think I started this one years ago in a Phil Starke workshop, awaiting my return with the reference photo I had used.  It has been so long, I don't remember what mountain range this is!  I know it is Colorado, and I wish I had written on the back of it.  I seldom paint mountains, so this was fun to get the colors and shapes accurate.  I loved putting down such strong pigment for the sky and water - they truly are that blue!  Painting 82 in 82 days - now I have about a million panels to prime to prepare for next month!

16 comments:

  1. wow this is a gorgeous mountain scene and love the reflections in the water. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Annette! It was fun to paint - like a little vacation from my normal painting subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and tranquil, your painting looks so real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We had a lot of snow on the ground when I chose this one to paint - I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I want to go back to Colorado and do some more paintings!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful, peaceful scene. Wonderful painting. HPPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mountains are a wonderful subject for painting. Happy PPF!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous scene done with such an expert touch. I am really impressed with the wonderful reflections in the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! I have another mountain painting in the works - maybe I'll finish it this week :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, I want to go walking over those rocks!! Really beautiful light and I love the brush strokes in those trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat! So nice of you to take the time to comment :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, breathtakingly beautiful! Gorgeous reflections! I wish I was there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Anne! I would love to go spend 2 weeks just painting Colorado - maybe when the kids are in college..... :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous! So glad you want back to finish it.

    P.S. Did you know you still have word verification/captcha on? It makes it very difficult to comment... (trying again...)

    ReplyDelete