Monday, March 11, 2013

Fractured Pears - from Julie's Art Byte

Fractured Pears
8x6, NFS
Well, this is a little bit of crazy town for me.  I love Julie Ford Oliver's work, so I painted this while viewing her Art Byte on her fracturing technique.  I feel like a fish out of water on this one!  Using a palette knife, squeegee tool, and a brush - you push and lift paint, fracturing edges all the while.  This is very impressionistic, and I am only posting this because I will not have time to finish anything else today.  Julie makes this look so easy - and I just can't do the technique justice....yet!  Always fun to experiment - this is the 67th painting in as many days.  Totally crazy painting today :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful technique. I love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is so fun to experiment! I bought Julie's Art Byte - $15 - and painted this right after. Strange and interesting technique. It will take me a while to get used to it!

      Delete