Thursday, March 14, 2013

On Lora's Lawn

On Lora's Lawn
Oil on panel, 12x9
On this warm, beautiful day in the 70's, I am thinking of Augusta and a day last April of plein air painting.  On this lawn I painted two paintings, and only had time to sketch this one out.  Today, I work from that sketch and my photo reference to paint the morning light streaming in from the east.  The Lindsey's were gracious hosts, allowing me to paint in their secluded location.  This little slice of heaven is right out the front door.  I will adjust a few details tomorrow, but for now I am letting this one rest.  This painting makes 70 in 70 days :)

2 comments:

  1. oh! it is so beautiful!
    it looks like summer comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nat! This was really a fun one to paint! I LOVE the early morning light best of all :)

    ReplyDelete