Thursday, March 7, 2013

Snowed In

Snowed In
Oil on panel, 12x9
This old John Deer 1010 tractor has been in my family as far back as I can remember.  I used to climb up the tires when I was little - they seemed so tall!  My Grandpa Frank used it for every farm need, and my Grandma Frank taught me to drive it -  it was SO cool to ride so high up in the air!  We have a blade for it, but it is not currently running - hence, the title!  I have been snowed in longer this year than ever.  The snow was so deep and it blew in under the pole barn, drifting completely over the front tires. I have wanted to paint this old tractor for years - and thought the snow would really set it off!  This is my 63rd painting in 63 days :)

2 comments:

  1. - Amaising story of an old tractor!
    and very realistic painting :)
    Hope to see you in PPF soon.
    Naty
    PS: thank you for comment my orchid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Natalie! This one was super fun to paint!

    ReplyDelete