Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Pat's Brownies

St. Pat's Brownies
Oil on panel, 9x12
For St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to paint something light and fun!  I picked these super delicious brownie bites up at our local shop - Butterfly Kisses Bakery.  The little brownies are iced with "leaves" complete with the most delicious candy flowers popping out the tops!  ALMOST too beautiful to eat!  I didn't want to actually paint every detail of the marble top table - so I tried applying the colors with a palette knife, just skimming the surface to give the illusion.  I wanted to play in the paints a bit - being a little impressionistic with the surfaces.  I like the way the colors "married" in this way.  I just found this frosted glass cake stand at a local antique shop - the top is shaped like a giant leaf!  It is the perfect surface to display sweet treats!  I am trying to finish my painting early today - I wish I could get it done in the morning, but that never seems to work out.  This is painting number 73 in 73 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment