Thursday, April 4, 2013

Come Sit a Spell

Come Sit a Spell
Oil over acrylic on panel, 24x20
On display at Executive Offices of Blue Cross Blue Shield
This loose and impressionistic painting is of my home, which has been in my family 70 years now.  I have so many wonderful memories here from very early childhood to raising my own babies in this house.  There is so much history connected here - from Alexander's purchase in 1845, President Harry S Truman's childhood home - circa 1860, and a stopover of Quantrell's Raiders on the eve of their visit to Lawrence, KS.  A peaceful and serene place on a hill, away from the road, with plenty of land to paint in all it's wonder - a very good place for this artist to land.  This is painting 91 in 91 days - done a little early since my daffodils of today may not make it in time!

2 comments: