Monday, April 1, 2013

Morning Glow

Morning Glow
Oil over acrylic on panel
On display at the Executive Offices of Blue Cross Blue Shield
This secluded Augusta cabin was my painting "home" for 4 days on my very first plein air adventure.  A fellow artist, Julie Wiegand offered me a place to stay when she found out I was returning after a quick trip home for 2 days.  It seemed like I drove for miles before reaching this picturesque cabin!  It was a perfect artist retreat!  Julie was a gracious host - inviting over fellow artists, and friends, in the evening.   I will always remember the friendships forged in that little slice of heaven.  It was only the beginning of so many more painting adventures!  This one is mainly acrylic with only a glazing in oils over the top.  Painting number 88 in 88 days - now back to work on a large piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment