Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pomona Fountain on the Plaza

Pomona Fountain on the Plaza
Oil on panel, 9x12
Today I paint as I visit with my parents and brother around the kitchen table!  Since we have family in for the wedding, I pulled a table easel out and set up right at the table.  Talking, and painting from a reference photo I had taken at a previous paint out on the plaza, I was able to take my time on this one.  I had drawn this one out a couple days before the wedding, and it had been waiting patiently for my return.  Such a complicated subject - it was fun to paint this kind of "sheet of water" falling from the fountain's edge.  This fountain is "Pomona, Goddess of Vinyards and Orchards", by Donatella Gabbriella  imported from Italy in 1969.  A marble original of this fountain stands in the King's Palace in Bangkok, Thailand.  I love the architecture of the plaza and I will be painting many more of these beauties!  This makes painting number 94 in 94 days :)

6 comments:

  1. So lovely...such a warm feeling in the colors, and you've handled the water and fountain so well! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DIanne! This one was a good learning experience! Happy PPF!

      Delete
  2. It's so beautiful! The water is amazing...I could put my hand and feel the splash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was fun to pull the paint back and forth to create the "sheet of water" look!

      Delete
  3. Loving your beautiful colours and the way you have painted water is brilliant. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Netty! We have many, many fountains in Kansas City - and I am going to try to paint them all! Happy PPF!

      Delete