Thursday, April 18, 2013

Redbud Rhapsody

I had such a wonderful time painting in Augusta Shores today!  This little piece of heaven is just outside of the front door in my Augusta home at the Curry's.  Sheltered from the rain by the overhang, I painted this view as my first painting of the day.  The redbuds are just starting to show their color - and I have been wanting to paint them for a whole year now!  It has been years since we have caught the redbud bloom in Augusta.  The residents host a WONDERFUL chili supper at the end of the day to celebrate the occasion - with many desserts to top it off!  It is always a premier event in the Augusta Plein Air Event - and SO wonderful to see so many artist friends and catch up!  It feels just like a family reunion!  Of all plein air events - this is my very favorite - the community welcomes the artists with open arms, and the friends we have met through the years are here to cheer us on!  So amazing, I could paint all day and all night in such a setting as this!  This is painting number 105 in 105 days - I know, it just sounds crazy town to me, too!  I just don't know how I've been able to get it done.  It will be EASY these next 8 days :)
Redbud Rhapsody
Oil on panel, 12x16
Augusta Shores Paint-Out

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes - Natalie! The trees are finally breaking out in bloom!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work, I love the pinks and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft colors and kind of hazy (misty) look. The pinks are beautiful. A painting a day - wow. Great job Tammie - HPPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The hazy, misty sky is actually a heavy downpour, painted from underneath a front porch overhang :)

      Delete
  4. Redbud Rhapsody is fabulous, Tammie. Wonderful colors and representation of one of my favorite flowering trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye! I absolutely LOVE redbuds - I hope to paint some more of them while I am in Augusta!

      Delete
  5. so, so soft and pretty. Feels romantic! sounds like a wonderful tome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat! I can not even put into words how wonderful it is here! Simply amazing painting opportunities!

      Delete
  6. Wow! This is beautiful. I like how the light plays with the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan!! This was a wonderful painting day :)

      Delete
  7. Wowowow!!! This is truly beautiful!!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning painting full of romance, and beauty!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is as beautiful as a lovely dream...with all the misty, dreamy qualities and colors! Love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a place such as this I usually dream about escaping to and I guess you already have : ) A very Gorgeous Painting!

    ReplyDelete