Saturday, April 13, 2013

Seville Light Fountain

Seville Light Fountain
Oil on panel, 9x12
This ornate Seville Light Fountain is my 100th painting in 100 days!  This beauty is located at a busy intersection on 47th on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City.  These 100 days have been a crazy new adventure in time management!  When I am painting every day - I can easily try new techniques and subject matter.  If they don't turn out - it simply doesn't matter because I start with a clean slate in the morning!  With all this paint time - I am learning so much.  I am seeing and mixing more accurate colors.  I am actually getting comfortable with my palette knife! Even though I have tried new colors, I find my original ultramarine blue, cad red light and cad lemon yellow are still my favorites.  I have learned to embrace the grays, they make the other colors pop.  I am putting down thicker paint than I did 100 paintings ago, and a small squeegee makes an excellent scraper!  There were days I didn't think I could possibly get a painting done, and somehow it worked out anyway.  Now, I think I'll have a nice glass of wine and toast to 100 paintings finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment